Worlds often collide and this Fall and Winter, beauty brands are once again looking to models, celebrities, singers and fashion designers to represent their products or get inspired from. Take a look at some of these news worthy beauty collaborations and partnerships coming soon…
1) OPI announces their newest collaboration with singer/fashion icon Gwen Stefani. The singer just inked a deal with OPI to launch 7 limited edition nail lacquers with breakthrough finishes this January 2014. Highlights from the collection include a bold red that pays homage to Gwen’s signature lipstick, a new semi-matte satin finish in shades of gold and black and a mirrored chrome paired with a special base coat. Known for her trademark red lips, bold eye makeup and nail art, I personally can not wait to see this collection! More details & photos on the upcoming collection in a future post.
2) Nivea partners with the Breakfast Club of Canada by donating $25,000 to the organization this year. Nivea’s donation will help the Breakfast Club carry out its mission to ensure that all Canadian children, in particular those who are in greater need, start their school day with a nutritious breakfast in an environment that fosters self-esteem. Nivea’s donation will contribute towards helping to feed over 130,000 children! For more about this amazing partnership, check out Nivea’s Facebook page.
3) Rihanna has been named the new face of MAC’s 2014 Viva Glam campaign. Since 1994, all proceeds of the selling price of MAC Viva Glam products have gone to help men, women and children living with or affected by HIV/AIDS. The new campaign is set to launch in January 2014. Other notable artists that have represented the MAC AIDS Fund in the past are Fergie, Missy Elliot, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Ricky Martin and Christina Aguilera. Hmm, I wonder whether the 2014 Viva Glam lipstick will be a red?
4) Lara Stone, top model and fashion icon is the newest face of mass market beauty brand L’Oreal Paris. The 29 year old beauty is well known for her feminine, Bardot-esque silhouette and sexy gap-toothed grin. She will be the Spokesperson for upcoming product innovations in makeup & hair care including the New Color Riche L’Extraordinaire, True Match, Color Riche Le Vernis, Hair Expertise & Elnett. Lara joins the ranks of Eva Longoria, Doutzen Kroes, Jane Fonda, Julianne Moore and Freida Pinto.
5) You can also expect to see Katy Perry brighten up Cover Girl beauty campaigns next Spring. Want to know how to get her great look pictured in the Cover Girl ad below? (Here you go…….Lip Perfection in Euphoria #360, Eye Enhancers 3-Kit Shadows in Café Au Lait #105, Clump Crusher Extensions by Lash Blast in Very Black #840, Brow and Eyemaker Pencil in Midnight Brown #505, TRUBlend Liquid Makeup in Buff Beige 2/425 & Clean Glow Blush in Roses #100).
6) Rimmel London & British singer-songwriter Rita Ora are joining forces for an exclusive limited edition colour collection set to hit stores in 2014. The artist is pretty adventurous when it comes to colour so I’m pretty excited to see how it turns out.
7) Takashi Muakami, Japanese contemporary artist and Shu Uemura have partnered up. The beauty collection is based on Muakami’s upcoming animation 6HP (Six Hearts Princess) and features many of the black and pink characters with a twist for Christmas 2013.
8) Sally Hansen is working with 3 designers to release bright (Tracy Reese), feminine (Rodarte) and chic pastel (Prabal Gurung) polishes for June 2014. Each Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polish will represent the designs and runway looks featured in recent shows.
|(Top to Bottom L-R)
Gwen Stefani & OPI, Rihanna & MAC, Katy Perry & Cover Girl,
Nivea & The Breakfast Club of Canada, Lara Stone & L’Oreal Paris
|Shu Uemura & Takashi Muakami|
|Rimmel London & Rita Ora|
Which of these collaborations are you most interested in?
What do you think about brands reaching out to celebrities or singers for brand collaborations?