Every year, OPI releases collections that are inspired by a specific country or general theme. Every detail of each collection is well thought out, right down to the catchy polish names. Some of their most iconic polishes are not only recognizable by name but can also be identified by the shade itself! How many of you can spot “Lincoln Park After Dark” or “Bubble Bath” on someone else’s nails? I know I can!
This year, OPI has taken its most popular shades and re-launched them with the Infinite Shine formula. Are Hue Ready? Another 30 shades will be released in December with a total of 60 long-lasting polishes making up the complete range. Do you recognize any of the shades below?
The Infinite Shine formula offers extended wear and brilliant colour without having to use an LED lamp.
Here’s how the Infinite Shine Gel Effects Lacquer System works:
STEP 1: Apply 1 coat of OPI Infinite Shine Primer (this helps prevent staining and improves wear time)
STEP 2: Apply two thin coats of any OPI Infinite Shine Iconic Nail Lacquer
STEP 3: Finish with one coat of OPI Inifinte Shine Gloss (this helps cure colour to the nails)
Using the primer, infinite shine colour and glossy top coat helps you achieve a long-lasting gel-like finish at home. Below are the 30 iconic shades released in September. Look for 30 others this December! Swatches of 10 of the shades mentioned can also be found below.
- Alpine Snow – fresh, crisp white
- Funny Bunny (shown) – soft white
- Samoan Sand – warm, beige pink
- Bubble Bath (shown) – candy pink
- Passion – pale pink
- It’s a Girl! – baby pink
- Princesses Rule! – frosted pink
- My Address is “Hollywood” – rose pink
- Strawberry Margarita (shown) – bright pink
- She’s a Bad Muffuletta! – hot red crème
- Cajun Shrimp (shown) – spicy coral
- Cha-Ching Cherry – vivid red pink
- Pompeii Purple – crimson purple
- Dutch Tulips – pink red
- Big Apple Red (shown) – classic cool red *one of my favs!!
- An Affair in Red Square – shimmering red
- Black Onyx – basic black
- CIA – Colour is Awesome – dusky blue
- Dulce de Leche (shown) – creamy nude
- I’m Not Really a Waitress (shown) – chianti red
- We the Female – garnet
- Tickle my France-y – nude
- Miami Beet – racy, red violet
- Taupe-less Beach – taupe
- Lincoln Park After Dark (shown) – black purple*another fav of mine!
- Russian Navy – deep-sea indigo
- Malaga Wine (shown) – wine red
- Vampsterdam – deep purple
- You Don’t Know Jacques? (shown) – trendy taupe
- My Private Jet – deep black with hints of glamour
OPI Infinite Shine Iconic Collection Swatches (L-R): Lincoln Park After Dark, I’m Not Really a Waitress, Malaga Wine, Big Apple Red, Cajun Shrimp, Strawberry Margarita, You Don’t Know Jacques?, Dulce de Leche, Bubble Bath & Funny Bunny
OPI Infinite Shine Lacquers are available at Professional Salons & Nail Spas across Canada. Each polish retails for $16.95 CAD.