Baby its cold outside! And what better way to stay warm than to head indoors and enjoy a warm cup of coffee, some piping hot apple cider or a loaded glass of hot chocolate this time of year? I wanted to do something a little extra special for the Holidays so I set up a Hot Chocolate Bar with all the fixings for friends and family to enjoy. It was super easy to do and such a huge hit! Keep reading for a list of what you’ll need and instructions on setting up your very own do-it-yourself Hot Chocolate Bar for the Holidays!
What You’ll Need:
- A stainless steel carafe
- Hot chocolate powder
- Boiling water
- Glass jars (you’ll need one for every topping that you plan to use)
- Disposable cups/lids
- A cheap picture frame
- Sign & labels (printed on card stock)
- Chocolate or caramel sauce
- Pirouettes (I got mine at Costco)
- A glass vase
- A fuzzy sock
- Garland of holly
- Candy canes & starlight peppermint candies
- Add 14 tablespoons of hot chocolate powder to 1.5 litres boiling water and stir well. Pour liquid into a carafe to keep warm.
- Print, measure, cut and glue topping labels onto the glass jars (I found my jars at Dollarama)
- Fill each jar with your favourite toppings! I chose skor toffee bits, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, shredded coconut, sprinkles and hazelnut pirouettes but you can use whatever you like! (i.e. butterscotch chips, shaved chocolate and crushed candy canes also make great toppings)
- Cut the “Baby its Cold Outside” signs into squares and glue each onto a disposable cup.
- Print the Hot Chocolate sign (I downloaded a printable design kit off of etsy) and add it to a picture frame.
- This part is optional: Cut off the tip/toe part of a sock and stretch it over a glass vase, then cover the base with holly. Add your candy canes!
- Put out some stir sticks, the milk, cream, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and candies.